Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Geez Louise!

So I've been a little absent. You know the drill. Work, family, life.....

I've still been creating but in a different form lately. If you follow me on Instragram then you know I'm a little obsessed with collage and paint at the moment. I've enjoyed letting go and just making some mess on canvas. Very liberating!

But here I am again with a scrapbook page. I approached this one a little differently. I applied some of the things that I've learned about collage to this page. They are subtle differences but it made a big impact for me.

This page is about the day I met an incredibly creative and inspiring woman. A most amazing day spent creating with products I've never used before.


I approached the page messily, NOT me at all!

Staples, scrunched up tissue paper, half-hidden embellies, ink splats (with Bombay India Ink which I am happy to say I'm not scared of anymore!).


As with the tissue paper and tassel, I tried to include lots of texture, adding muslin as a layer, a doily and stapled vellum over one of the patterned papers.


More staples and zig -ag stitching adds further interest.

I've done lots of these things before but this time it was a little more deliberate, thinking of the layers and textures I was choosing.


I had so much fun creating this page. The colour palette I used was inspired by Scrap The Girls challenge this month:


Thanks for popping in!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous page - love that you've celebrated meeting and scrapping and learning from this amazing lady!!! And it's sooo pretty & you sure are 'messying' things up! GO YOU:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout Sonia! Love all of the textural elements on your page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout, love all the extra details you've put into this LO. Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Sonia! It's funny how a new idea or technique can just invigorate your crafting process! Can't wait to see more. Glad you joined us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may not be your usual approach to a page but it is beautiful. I love the details. Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Girls

    ReplyDelete