Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Scrap The Boys challenge

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to join in with Scrap The Boys this month. I've been sifting through older photos and came across a large printed photo of my son. So I couldn't resist scrapping it :)

This was the inspirational image this month.



And here is my interpretation.

I added texture by folding up the edges of all my papers. There isn't a lot of embellishment since the photo is so large. I really enjoyed adding pops of cork too.


I created my own large 'shaker' embellishment. I stamped and embossed a jar onto vellum. I then added another piece of vellum and stitched on three sides. I added multi-size sequins and small wood veneer and finished stitching the top of the jar image to enclose all the bits.


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW this is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at STB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! The photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love looooove your sequins jar! Looks brill...gorgeous page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Sonia...I love,love,love the big photo!!....Amazing layout...Thanks for joining us at STB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful and I adore the large photo! Thanks for playing along with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those EYEs omg just sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page, adore the large photo and jar. Thanks for playing along with STB this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally adorable and I really love the big photo! Super cute. thank you for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww this is such a super cute page and perfect for the challenge :) Thanks for playing along at STB!!

    ReplyDelete