Wednesday, August 19, 2015

D-Lish Scraps Design Team shares

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to share my recent layouts for the D-Lish Scraps design team.

My go-to design is definitely grid formations :) I love it. I'm really enjoying using dark blues at the moment and have a slowly built a small collection of papers and embellies in navy blues.

This layout came together quickly and easily. I added die cuts and muslin for interest and texture, breaking up the squares on the page. I also added thread and ink splatters. I really liked using grey for my background - giving a sutle but interesting look.


I attempted another canvas. This is definitely not something that comes easy to me. I started this one twice over. Initially I used red ink spray and let it drip down the canvas. Yep, you guessed it. It looked like dripping blood. Out came the gesso and I started again. The end result is a far more subtle background. I love using muslin but this time I used more than I usually do, almost using it as a substitute for pattered paper. Actually, I didn't use any patterned paper on this at all! Very unlike me :)



This final layout is definitely one of my favourites. This layout could easily be called masculine but me, this is a reflection of my girl - loves shades of blue (like mum!), outgoing and fun.

A messy background using Gelatoes and paint, lots of messy stitching and some black embellies to finish the page.


Thanks for popping by!

1 comment:

  1. Ii might not come easy to you but the end result is amazing . Well done with your canvas! Both of your layouts are stunning , I seem to struggle with this type of layout but love them so much I will keep trying to achieve that effect. On my latest layout I used sprays and managed to get horrible spatter on my layout ( out with the gesso) and a beautiful spray effect on the wall which thankfully washed off!

    ReplyDelete