Thursday, July 16, 2015

Scrapping Outback challenge

Hi again.

The layouts are coming along very nicely, thank you very much! I'm really enjoying the time in my craft space.

This page is for this month's Scrapping Outback challenge. I really like the inspirational pictures as part of the challenge (and you need to include at least one chippy).



I want one of these drinks! Right, back to scrapbooking....Here is my take on the image...


I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist as well as gelatos to colour the gorgeous feather chippys.

I also love using skinny tape - I only have four of them! They are from Close To My Heart and they are solid colours which is lovely.


Now, about this embroidered feather. This embellishment is the one reason the layout took me FOREVER to finish. I have one of the Amy Tangerine embroidery kits but I don't use them often. I attempted the feather and boy, it was tricky to do. I started twice over :/ But I was determined! And I love the outcome. Don't you?!


I really enjoyed using these colours. They were a mix of dark yellows, orange-but-quite-orange, corals and light reds. A really interesting combination.

Until next time :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow....what a fantastic layout Sonia - I love it!!!
    Those little feathers are just gorgeous and your embroided feather is perfect!!!
    Well done and thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Scrapping Outback

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Sonia, I love that embroidered feather, soooooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours! Great take on our challenge! Love your embroidery skills! Well done! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is gorgeous Sonia. Hope you will join us again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am loving the outcome! That feather looks like hard work but it looks fab-u-luss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SO much for joining in this month Sonia...the colour combo is just delish as are your embroidery skills :) I love the LO and the way you've combined the chippy is just SO beaut - we're looking forward to seeing you again at SO :)


    http://www.scrapping-outback.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/july-15-white-with-twist-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete