Monday, July 13, 2015

Kraft Plus Challenge

I love the current challenge over at Kraft+. An inspirational picture and a splash of paint. Awesome.



I don't often use Kraft as a background so this is always a good challenge to do. I like to try different things and see what sticks :)

And this is my take....


I began with yellow acrylic paint mixed with texture paste and smeared it on the background. Then I watered it down and splattered it over the page. I don't do messy very well but I think it came up a treat :)

I stuck with the monochromatic look, inspired by the picture, with a hint of gold and white here and there.


I was particularly taken by the white love heart in the inspirational picture, so I was very bold and used white paint to doodle a messy heart on the page.

I really enjoyed creating this page. It came together pretty quickly. I finished it off with a few enamel dots and some hashtags stickers. 'Cos you doesn't like a good hashtag :)

7 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the heart is FABULOUS! And you do messy really, REALLY well. Better & better! Loooove those layers and that gold vellum?? Tape??? And the corner cluster is my fave.....so many goodies that look just 'right' together.....thanks for joining us at K+ this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kraft+ challenges are amazing, aren't they. You have knocked this one out of the park. I love the layers, and the clustering! The little touches of white pop so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a yummy layout! I especially love the big white heart & your layering. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.. I love a good hashtag ;-)
    and I love a good design too!! and I LOVE this one :-)
    awesome work Sonia.. love that you had fun with it xx
    thank you for playing along with K+ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious!! Fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally yummy on the kraft! Love that you've incorporated the heart from the board as well :)

    ReplyDelete