Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Scrapping Outback challenge

It's been a while since I've joined in on a challenge. I have been scrapping, just in my own space, in my own time and in my own way. It's been awesome.

But I met up with a few lovely ladies over the weekend and I was provided with some terrific inspiration from a challenge I've not entered before - Scrapping Outback.

And seriously, who could resist an inspiring like this one...



Mint Chocolate! Yup. Yum.

And here is my interpretation.


I painted some hexagon chippy with mint green acrylic paint. I then painted the sides of the chippy a dark brown which adds an awesome shadow effect. I also inked some of the hexagons using a wood grain stencil.


I stitched together a vellum pocket to add some journalling behind my photo.


The very talented Cindy showed me how to change the colour of muslin with Distress Ink. I had muslin that was more of a sandy colour, too light for my layout, so I wet the muslin and roughly smeared some distress ink over the muslin and massaged it through. Perfect.





6 comments:

  1. What a fun layout Sonia - I love the texture and layering :)
    Thank you so much for joining in our challenge this month - so glad you found us via the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is awesome! Love hexagons and what you did to your chippies! Great take on our challenge and welcome! I hope you will return next month! Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That inspiration pic is soooo yum!! And love your take - those layers behind the photo are gorgeous.... & good trick with the muslin:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this take. The colours are perfect. SO glad the SO pic has inspired you. Thanks so much for taking your time for the challenge, hope you will visit again next month !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout. It looks so fresh. Just love the hexagon chippie too. Hope you will join us again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sonia - the DT girls have voted you last months winner for the June Challenge :) It has been announced on our FB page :)

    ReplyDelete