Sunday, February 15, 2015

D-Lish Scraps challenge

I spent an awesome afternoon with some scrappy friends and managed to create a page! Now before anyone jumps to conclusions, finishing pages with mates doesn't happen very often :)

I put together what you would call my own kit - papers, embellies and letters that would fit into one pizza box. I was limited to what I threw in there which really is quite good because it forces you to work with what you have.

I joined in the D-Lish Scraps challenge this month



Now I'm not a big fan of beachy themes - starfish and seashells and all that jazz. But that didn't stop me. The colours are beautiful and I was inspired by the cushions and the scenic photograph of the beach.


I enjoyed adding a bit of stamping to my page, something I haven't done for a while. A simple layout because pretty much my style these days. Oh, how delightful is the smile word? These are Dear Lizzy watercolour words and they are simply gorgeous. They were part of my Scrappy Canary kit which I am enjoying at the moment.



7 comments:

  1. Love it. Oh, how I wish I coulda been there.... Awesome page. LOOOVE the colours, adore that graphic design...I think you do it so very well.....& that bit of journaling speaks volumes:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic layout, love the colours and your interpretation of the mood board. Thanks for joining us at D-lish Scraps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration board and first none beachy page I've seen! thanks for joining in at D-lish Scraps this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it's not beachy Sonia, you've still used the inspiration board to inspire a fabulous layout - that is crisp and clean. I love it. Thanks for joining us at D-lish Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really clever interpretation of the mood board. thanks for playing at D-lish Scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is AWESOME!
    Thanks for sharing with us at D-Lish Scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you were able to tweak the inspo to work with what you like! Perfectly simplistic too, which I totally get (I can go either way). Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete