Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy/Sad moments

I recently subscribed to Scrappy Canary kits. I try to keep my stash to a minimum because I don't have a great deal of space for my crafting. I like to keep it manageable and I'm certainly not one to keep tons of my favourite paper to use one day. I really like to use the stuff I have.

But my stash is running a little low. And I thought I'd give Scrappy Canary a go. The run a monthly challenge and January's challenge is a simple sketch.



I used a lot of the kit and some of my own papers and products to create my layout. I did flip the sketch. I ran some stitching along a vellum banner and around the border of the page.


A happy coincidence - I wrote my journaling and then found a sticker that had an identical phrase! 'Happy/Sad' moment it was indeed!


I made a little embellishment using wood veneer, paper and stickers.


3 comments:

  1. wow, really cute page - love your embellishments and the gold title - fabulous. thanks for playing along ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on the sketch!! Really love the stitched vellum banner as well as the mix of colours you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch- I ADORE your little handmade embellishment! Thanks for playing along with our Scrappy Canary sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete