Tuesday, December 30, 2014

When you can't print photos...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas day. We had a lovely (quiet) day with family. Perfect.

I've managed to scrap a little in between all the cooking and cleaning for festivities but at one stage, our computer died for a couple of days and I couldn't print photos. Argh!

Anyway, to keep the creative juices going, I made embellishment tags and pockets ready to add to my pages. One of them made to it to this page of my kids in the final days of school this year. I love this photo so much. The top left-hand piece is my ready made embellishment so this layout came together very quickly.


I was very happy with the result. I'm making a point to simply write my journaling without thinking my handwriting is awful. And I dared to use Bombay black ink again. Oh boy, that stuff is messy. I managed to get it on the floor and then stepped on it. It all cleaned up quickly but seriously, I'm scared of that ink!


It was really fun being able to select an embellishment from my small stash to add to the page. I made them all very general so it could suit any page.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...computer not working would throw me into a MAJOR spin!!! As for the ink.....sorry, but it DID make me giggle. You know what they say, use it more to overcome the fear!!!! And as for your handwriting.... SERIOUSLY it is LOVELY!!! I love what you've written here, too....I reckon it's the stuff our kids will remember most about our scrapping, too:):) Hoping 2015 brings GOOD scrappy things your way.... It's been great getting to know you over the past year:):)

    ReplyDelete