Sunday, December 21, 2014

A different kind of Christmas layout

As I've mentioned before, I'm not crazy about creating Christmas layouts but I was so excited about this one. The idea came along very easily from the papers I used which was Maggie Holmes Open Book collection. Who doesn't love those amazing papers!

Unfortunately, our desktop computer just died and I have to show you poor quality photos :( Sorry about that.

I had a beautiful Wilna Furstenberg cut file for a little while but couldn't find the right layout for it until now. It was torn in a couple of places because I'm still working out my gorgeous Cameo so I stitched those torn bits with red zigzag stitching.

I added three book spines from the Maggie Holmes collection.One of the spines was a travel them and lots of empty space so I covered the travel title with my own title and printed my journaling on the blank space. I debated on whether to add any embellies - and I didn't.

I love this layout to bits. It's not very Christmas-y with regards to the papers or elements on my page but the story is very Christmas-y and hilarious.

I'm joining in with Off The Rails Scrapbooking challenge again this month because this is definitely 'off the rails' for me :)

4 comments:

  1. SENSATIONAL page! Love the CAS approach & the little red zig zag stitches look as if they were always meant to be!!!! Perfection plus - & a great take on our Off the Rails challenge.....love it when you join in:):))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. I love the way you turned a negative into a positive by zig zagging the torn bits and I love the way you've done your journaling. Thank you for joining our challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Sonia! I love the red stitching - what a clever idea! I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the simplicity and how you made the red stitching such an awesome touch to the whole page! thanks for joining us at OTRS

    ReplyDelete