Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mixed Media card for Off The Rails challenge

I joined in over at Off The Rails Scrapbooking for the first time. I took the time to read the About Us section of the blog and was definitely inspired. There's nothing like a good challenge! The idea is go outside your comfort zone - off the rails, so to speak! So I did.



I created a card with a little mixed media. I definitely got messy and I went through waaaaay to many baby wipes and paper towels. 

I really loved creating the background. 
I applied gesso with a stencil and then heat embossed Copper Tinby Metallic Melts.
I added a felt doily and made a tag. 
I used gelatos in Gold Champagne, Tangerine and Metallic Melon on a gorgeous Scrapmatts chipboard heart
and stamped with Distress Ink in Tea Dye.

I feel the flower cluster is probably a bit too 'clean' for the card but I too scared that I might ruin the card - so I left it at that. 

This is Off The Rails Scrapbooking mood palette for November that inspired my card. Have a go!

7 comments:

  1. Delicious! Very much in the spirit of Off The Rails....so happy to see you playing along with us, too:):) Love how you've totally got into the MM.....LOVE that background texture & my favest bit is the little sequins:):) Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the layers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Sonia! I am so happy you decided to join in on our challenge. I love the texture you achieved and the beautiful embossing too. Thanks for playing along at OTR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layers, range of techniques and use of mixed media, gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for going Off The Rails, I love your card and the contrast between the back ground and the clean flower cluster (as you put it). You did a wonderful job and I hope to see you again at Off The Rails Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layers and clusters using the mood palette from Off the Rails

    ReplyDelete