Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sequin love, pocket scrapping & D-Lish fun

I've been busy scrapbooking but not posting so I thought I'd get you lovelies up to speed :)
I have made good use of sequins lately! This page was about taking my kids to the museum these last school holidays. Their favourite section was the crystals. They were fascinated. I've taken them so many times to the museum and they are always astounded. I love that.


I made a vellum pocket, filled it with sequins and a few wood veneer stars and then stitched it up. I stitched a few hexagons down (who doesn't like a hexagon, right?) with a sequin. I saw that on Pinterest somewhere...The glittery thickers were the perfect lettering to complete the page.

A big addition to my scrappy pasttime is that I've embarked on pocketing scrapping for the first time. I've resisted for so long but I love it now! 
I joined an online class run by Jot Magazine's Kim Archer called Jot Pockets and it's pretty awesome.
Okay, so I've only created two pages so far but it took no time for me to develop an addiction to date stamps!!


So this is my cover page. Simple, I know, but it's a start. I didn't want to get picky. The focus is to simply get stuck into pocket scrapping.

I also participated in D-lish Scraps Cyber Crop this month. I churned out layouts for 5 challenges and my little girl participated in the kids challenge. Too cute, right? I'll post those pages soon - overall, I was pretty happy with what I created. If you like, join in the cyber crops by joining The Scrap Suite community on Facebook here.

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAY!!!! PL look out:)) it IS a fabulous way to get those memories down:):) and your page is glorious...that hex with sequin idea is clever & looks great:))) And it's great your kids like this sort of thing....& good luck with the FIVE LOs you did....that is amazing!!!!! Be nice of your girl won a prize, eh???!!!!

    ReplyDelete