Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book heroes

Show Us Your Stuff challenge this month is a lovely sketch. I really liked using the diagonal feature of the sketch.



I followed the sketch pretty closely and am super happy how it turned out. I think a combination of reasons made this layout so easy. I loved the topic of this particular memory. I'm an avid reader and my son has turned out to be one also. When we found out one of his favourite authors, Andy Griffiths, was coming to town, he was over the moon.

I managed to get some splatters on the layout that I was pleased with (that's a rare moment for me!) and my handmade item is the flair by D-Lish Scraps.


I loved using the Dear Lizzy typewriter sticker! Perfect for this layout.


I lacked the right coloured thicker so I pulled out some 7Gypsies chipboard letters from my stash and sprayed them with Mr. Huey's in Little Boy Blue which is quite a deep blue colour.


I wrote the treehouse series books along two edges and his favourite as part of my journaling.


And lots more journaling hidden inside the chevron bag secured with an arrow clip. I'm making much more of an effort to write extensive journaling whether it be seen or hidden because lots of my recent layouts have been light on.


9 comments:

  1. Good on you with the journaling - it's soo important, cos we THINK we'll remember & we don't! I wish I knew about scrapping when my boys were young. I don't remember so much any more, sadly! This is such a gorgeous interpretation of this sketch.....I reckon it's a CORKER....I did this one, then the one over at STuck?! Cos it's ALSO a diagonal sketch - did you see??? So I used both bits of paper up!!! And that typewriter is perfection:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Sonia! I love the diagonal bg - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you about the journaling - I need to do that more too. Awesome take on the sketch, I'm glad you liked it :) Thanks for joining in at SUYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet layout, love the colour combo you went with and the clean style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia, this looks FAB! Great take on the sketch. I love that adorable typewriter sticker & that perfect amount of splatter too! Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab page Sonia! Love your colour palette and wtg with the journaling - such an important part of preserving our memories. Thanks for joining in at SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I absolutely love this...the colours, the mix of patterns & papers...everything! Thanks for playing along with SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and I love how your journaling balances the title too. Thanks for playing along at SUYS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a special memory to scrap about!! He will always remember this, and with all your journalling, it will remind him of any bits he forgets!! (I must journal more on my pages, instead of just including the what, when, where!) Thanks for playing along, your layout is great! :)

    ReplyDelete