Friday, September 19, 2014

The cutest mouse

I've joined in over at Once Upon A Sketch this month following a beautiful challenge. I find OUAS very challenging but lots of fun to do.

At a recent expo I picked up a few supplies, one being Gelatos! I've never used them before so I dipped in and let loose :)

This month's challenge was set by the amazing Nadia....



And this is what I came up with...


I used a Tim Holtz stencil that I also picked up at the paper expo and lots and lots of flowers from D-Lish Scraps. In amongst the flowers you'll find a ScrapMatts 'chippy' that I painted to coordinate. I always have trouble with coloured wire but I was happy to have finally included it in one of my layouts.


One of my favourite ways to journal is to print on cardstock and cut up into strips. I loved the fact that I incorporated Heidi Swapp script into my title.


This layout is certainly something outside of my confort zone but I'm happy with how it turned out. And nothing is complete without sequins, right? :)



5 comments:

  1. What a cute page....& cute girl! LOOVE your title...& I thought that was chippy, not wire around the photo there...looks FABULOUS....love the cluster of flowers in the middle too....looks like you're enjoying your Gelatos! I ADORE mine:):) Thanks, as always, for joining us at OUAS this month:) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, such cute photos and I love all the flowers you have used too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! She is adorable!!! Lovely flower cluster and the subtle diamond shapes really add tot he page! Beautiful! All the best!http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/ Drop In I have a contest on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Lovely soft colors and great with the pictures! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just loving the photos of your little 'Mouse'!!! How sweet is she. You scrapped a beautiful page about her, loving the arrangement of flowers!!! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete