Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Spring is in the air!

Loving the (Melbourne} weather at the moment - but I will not be lured into a false sense of security. If I know Melbourne weather, there will be a cold front with a vengeance coming through soon enough!

I joined in the challenge over at Show Us Your Stuff this month. The spring colours of the mood board were delightful.



I was particularly inspired by the very first photograph - it said 'watercolour background'. My handmade item included a gorgeous flair badge from D-Lish Scraps.


Starting with cream cardstock, I used my finger to create circles randomly with gesso. I knew that the circles would then act as a water-resist when I applied watercolour paint. 

It's a simple layout but I was proud to create a mixed media background that didn't look I vomited colour all over it (because frankly, sometimes it really does look like that). I was happy that I achieved what I set out to do with this page :)


8 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm so glad you're experimenting away with your MM still....actually, I think I saw a sneak of this on FB on the SBM post today!! Those bg circles look like the 'bokeh' look that is so trendy right now! Lovely colour choice, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your watercolour background...fabulous! Thanks for joining in over @ SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonia this looks fabulous! LOVE your background work! The burst of colours is just gorgeous, and perfect for this challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your water colour work Sonia. Great take on the board. Thanks for joining in at SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that backgound grabs your interest straight away! It is gorgeous!! I love your page and it is perfect for our mood board! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the watercolours! So glad you were inspired by the September mood board to join us at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous background! Lovely page and thanks for playing along at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete