Friday, September 26, 2014

Sassy Scrappers & ARTastic challenges

The first layout is something different from me. I have scrapped one of my wedding day photos. I haven't done that since I started scrapbooking - that is, 8 years ago.

I am really happy with the end result and I think it has to do partly with the colours of this month's Sassy Scrappers mood board...

September Moodboard Challenge

Now, I'm not ready for summer just yet. Melbourne weather is terribly temperamental and even though we've had lovely spring days, the cold days are still around at the moment.

I took inspiration from the first photo - of the bouquet of flowers with the wood panels in the background. And as I've already mentioned, the colours are just beautiful.


I was particularly happy when I finally found a use for the Amy Tangerine black script phrase. I am in love with that script! And I added a small stamped phrase next to it that came from Blue Bazaar. Many of their wood-mounted stamps are absolutely divine. 


I added pops of yellow across the page. I also added a bit of a messy gesso border around the photos since I decided not to mat them.


The floral strip is washi tape care of D-Lish Scraps.


And because I'm a HUGE fan of Lizzy Hill - and when she says 'go and try out this fabulous challenge' - I listen!!! I participated in ARTastic challenge this month. I really love the premise of this challenge blog. This time the criteria was twine. Now, I use lots of twine but usually on cards, not pages so this was going to be fun.


And I reminded myself why I prefer machine stitching to hand stitching....I printed out the title, which is our favourite Italian restaurant, and I pierced holes as guidelines for the hand stitching. I actually used white twine with red sewing thread together. Not sure if that was a good idea but I'm happy with the result.


I loved the green patterned paper on this layout. It reminds me of checkered tablecloths in restaurants! And I thought pops of red across the page worked well too. I had fun doing this page even though the photo is not the best quality. That's never stopped me :)



11 comments:

  1. What an inspired idea to use twin in stitching a title for your page. It is so effective Sonia. Many thanks for playing along with us on ARTastic - I am very pleased you listened to Lizzy and joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitched title looks wonderful. Great combination of colours too. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your top layout is stunning! and love the stitched title of the second and your design. I am glad you listened to Lizzy, she is a inspiration. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, all I can say is your Mojo is back..biiiiig time:) the top page is soooo a winner in my book! LOOVE how you side that script title & the colours & placement is just perfect:):) LOL.... Sooo glad you entered our ARTastic challenge...man!!!! I can only 'feel your pain' at a distance, in warm(er) NSW re the stitching....... Now THAT is a labour of love...sooooo worth it....you have got the vibe spot on for the LO..... Fabulous, clever page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea with stitching the title. Thanks for entering your lovely layout in this months challenge at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia,
    Thanks so much for dropping by your blog and your kind words. Your work is gorgeous!!
    I hope you continue to share your stories, fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page. I love how you have stitched the title. The two colours have worked a treat and go so well with your photo (how gorgeous!). Thank you for playing at ARTastic. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic page and a fab way to use string...love it!!! Thank you for playing with our challeng at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun page that really reflects your special place. Clean and colourful!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea! Thanks for joining ARTartic challenge!
    Stina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both gorgeous pages. I especially love how you have taken bits from the moodboard and made them your own. The theme with the title is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Sassy

    ReplyDelete