Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thinking outside the box

I was sorting out my recipe folder and found amongst the sea of papers, a cake stencil that came free with a recipe magazine a long time ago. I have never and will never use this stencil and put it aside to throw in the bin. My husband saw this and said 'Could you use that as a stencil for crafting?' I took one look at the stencil then one look at my husband and yelled out 'YES! You're brilliant!'

Lessons learnt from this scene:
1. Never assume my husband doesn't pay attention to my craft love.
2. Think outside the box.

Now back to some crafting....

I used that lovely stencil as a background for a card challenge over at Feeling Sketchy.

Card Sketch 97

I used Tattered Angels glimmer mist to spray the stencil swirls on the background and then layered a few papers over it.


I seem to have an endless supply of these gorgeous K&Company gold die cuts - I cut one of them up to create the sentiment on the card.

I distressed the edges and added a D-Lish Scraps flower. I really enjoyed creating this card.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! The Men in our lives surprise us at times:):) This looks fabulous...that stencil, I have a feeling, is going to come in VERY handy, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Sonia, & love that swirling stencil that was 'saved' by your hubby...its great isn't it.
    Lovely layering,love the textures.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Sonia and that background well worked and I so love that flower as well. Great take on the sketch thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic use of the stencil - the background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy with this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of your hubby to think about your crafting !! The stencil look fabulous, thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete