Sunday, August 24, 2014

Challenging myself

Hi there. It's time again for another layout for a challenge. This time it's for Once Upon A Sketch. I find their sketches absolutely beautiful but very difficult for me - which is exactly why I keep submitting my layouts for their challenges!

Their sketches definitely lend themselves to mixed media very nicely and if you've followed me long enough, I have a love/hate relationship with mm! I keep myself honest and dip into the messy products every month in the hope that I get better.

I think I can see my style slowly appearing. I love stitching on my layouts. I'm not afraid to layer papers and embellishments. I enjoy doing pops of colour but enjoy monochrome layouts even more.

Anyway, this is the OUAS challenge:



And this is my take on it. I stopped and started several times on this one but I managed to complete it. At one stage, I simply had to tell myself 'Just glue it down!'


4 comments:

  1. Love it! The bg paper, then the masked shapes...works a treat! Really lovely picking up the flowers in your embellies from the photos, too....the only way I like stitching on my LOs is with the machine....I have NOOO patience at all!!! Anyways, as always, LOVE having you join us at OUAS...I'm glad we 'challenge' you:):) And you know to do the FB thing....here's the addy in case: Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice you like our sketches at OUAS! I had to laugh about your hate/love relationship with mixed media. I have that same problem , but with bulky flowerlayouts. I see myself doing videos with them althought my heart just wants to throw on some paints and lines. I decided I do as much what I like as possible. You should really do the same. It should all be about fun. I really like your layout, and lovely kids on the pictures ! Thanks for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sonia, looks like you really are having fun with mm. Like you, I face the same problem as well - love it because the possibilities are endless but hate it because it can get so expensive sometimes!

    this is a fabulous page again, and thanks for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete