Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When things don't work out...

I'm showing you a page that will go into my album but will not, as I initially intended, be submitted to a challenge. Sassy Scrappers have the most divine mood board challenge of gold, black, teal and sequins. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be. I started the page twice and then cut up the second page to try and minimise the mess I made.

July Moodboard Challenge

And this is what I came up with....


The initial background page was not quite the right colour so that was removed. Then out came the dreaded Bombay black India Ink. Grrrr... I hated it so much I cut away the middle section where my main layout resided and stuck it down to another background paper. Of course I attempted the ink again (I learn my lessons the hard way) and I still didn't like how it turned out. 

The only think that I'm proud of is the embellishment I made - the mason jar stamped on vellum, filled with glitter and then stitched closed. 

 




1 comment:

  1. LOL...feeling your pain!!! I'm in the middle of the exact same dilemna....different challenge - atm......what to do??? Thinking of a bit of ripping, tearing & re-doing:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We learn by our 'doings', I reckon:) And I'm sure you will CONQUER that ink!!! I use the very fine end [not the brush - the wood] of a paint brush for flicking my ink around....gives a fine spray:):)

    ReplyDelete