Tuesday, June 17, 2014

{Scrapbook Page} 4 days at the Grand Prix

I set myself a challenge for this layout - use something that resembles mixed media. I really have no idea about MM but I've been persisting with it because I love it. The other challenge which I did not foresee was the fact that it was going to be a masculine layout because of the photo I eventually chose.

I used gesso, some sprays, inks and a little stamping on my background. Then I went ahead with the rest of the layout. I worried that gold might be a bit 'girly' but I think it worked quite well in the end.

I'm joining in at Life.Paper.Scrapbook again this month. I really enjoy their sketch challenges.




I love these Jenni Bowlin gold rub-ons but they drive me nuts. They are sooo sticky that some of them were ruined upon opening the packaging!


This Basic Grey jeep rub-on is too cute. I know it's not exactly representative of the fast cars of this layout but I love it anyway.


4 comments:

  1. It's funny - I haven't seen rub ons around for ages, & suddenly they seem everywhere! I loove them - even the ones that are 1/2 rubbed off still look great, I think. Gives 'em character! Here's a challenge for you - just for fun...next time you use gesso, apply it with some bubble wrap...or after it's on, while still wet, blot it with some tissue paper or a scrunched up plastic bag.....it's FUN & you get a really cool texture:):)
    And I reckon the gold looks FABULOUS here.....just the perfect touch for your page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say your well on your way with mixed media. I love this page and look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again well done. I enjoy checking out your work. You always have something different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful layout!Thank You for playing along with us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete