Friday, May 16, 2014

{Sscrapbook Page} ...Lighting a fire

On my recent scrappy retreat I held a demo on sunbursts for pages and cards. Who doesn't love a sunburst? Such a simple technique but you can do so much with it. I ended up with so many scraps by the end of the retreat I thought I'd put them to good use.


I often have trouble with page titles. I can't seem to come up with a clever one, just the typical '6th birthday' or 'The road trip' or 'I'm calling this something you can see clearly from the photo'. I borrowed a divine book that had lists and lists of great scrapbooking title ideas and quotes. I found myself very drawn to quotes which went to good use in this layout. Yes, it is a photo of my little girl at her new desk but I think the quote gives the page so much more meaning of how I feel.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Fabulous quot...what a GREAT idea - a book of quotes for titles:) LOOOVE your sunburst - especially the colours & pattens:) And your girl looks absolutely THRILLED with her desk, too:):) Sooooo----sounds like scrap camp was a good thing to do, eh???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your starburst is really cool - might have to look up a tutorial on that on youtube myself. Your layout is so beautiful and bright. I love using quotes when I can too - that one really works for your photo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab way to use up your scraps! Love it. The title is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.......love it! Awesome use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete