Monday, April 14, 2014

{Scrapbook Page} In the swing of things

I enjoyed scrapping this older photo of my little girl for the White with 1 challenge. This month the colour is Mint....

ww1 mint

It was interesting to see what I had in my stash that was mint and NOT teal. Ah, I love you teal but it was a nice change to see mint :)


Mind you, this page nearly wasn't. I'm very much a novice with mixed media and my craft table is certainly not set up for the mess. I pulled out the black glimmer mist (you can see where this is going, can't you?) and placed the opened bottle on the table so I could do some splatters. I reached for scrap paper to cover my photo so as NOT to get any ink on it and subsequently spilled half the bottle of ink onto the photo. Because the cluster wasn't quite flat I watched the ink spread over the photo and pool there. So paper towels came out, I peeled the photo off, reprinted it and tadaa! as good as new.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you persevered with this mint layout, it beautiful. Thank you for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sonia I hear you re the mint versus teal and accidentally spilling the black GM .. you're lucky you didn't have to start all over again!!!! You might be a 'novice' at mixed media but you've done a great job with it on this LO! I hope you'll join us at WW1 again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heart love this piece.perfect hue ,lovely details .wonderful !thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is perfect!
    loving it all.. and yep.. hearing you with the mist.
    I have the same problem with glue.. I've had to reprint photos so many times because of that ONE last element that somehow finds its way on the photo near its completion.. argh!!
    I am so glad it worked out for you, because this rocks!
    Thanks for joining us at WW1.. would love to see what you come up with for next months colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous layout Sonia!! Thanks for playing along this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete