Thursday, March 13, 2014

{Scrapbook Layout} What I do...

I'm back with another layout for another challenge. I'm slowly getting into a rhythm with my challenges so I avoid the frantic end of month scrapping! 
This layout is inspired by the March mood board over at D-Lish Scraps. It coordinates with their current 'Just Add Paper' kit
I used paint, gesso and lots of washi tape on this layout.



I made my own feathers using washi tape, wire, twine and a bamboo stick. I had no idea what I was doing so I fumbled a couple of times before I got it right. I'm really happy how they turned out. I got this idea from Two Peas In A Bucket but they used ready made feathers.


I'm a big fan of Mercy Tiara's process videos and recently she mentioned something I hadn't really thought of lately. She said that she tends to scrap more everyday things rather than big events - because there are only so many of those throughout the year. And I think I've been trying to scrap big events which wasn't working for me because I just don't have that many photos (well, not enough to keep up with my daily scrapbooking). I'm starting to really enjoy scrapping the everyday of our lives which in the end is far more meaningful to me. 


D-Lish Scraps mood board. I took inspiration from the chevron on the cake and the horizontal strips that have an ombre effect.

5 comments:

  1. Sonia this is a great interpretation of the mood board, I especially love the washi shaped like a chevron and then as the feathers on the arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this board Sonia! The arrow is great, and so clever to make chevron with washi! Thanks for joining in at D-Lish this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page! Love the background. Thanks for joining the fun at D-Lish Scraps

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is cool Sonia, loving the feather arrow! Thanks for joining in at D-lish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that arrow is super duper Sonia`` So true about scrapping the everyday..we all should do that more often! Thanks for joining in at D-Lish :)

    ReplyDelete