Thursday, February 20, 2014

{Scrapbook Page} How you get there

I enjoy using mood boards as inspiration for my scrapbook pages. It helps me sometimes when I face the dreaded blank 12x12!!
This page is all about travelling by train and how my kids think it's still so much fun. Sometimes it doesn't really matter where we're going but for them it's about the journey on the train. They always seem to learn something new.



I used: 

Papers: an old map, Carta Bella, October Afternoon, Echo Park, Becky Higgins, cardstock
Tags, stickers and die cuts: Simple Stories stickers, Basic Grey stickers
Embellishments: Dlish Scraps fabric strip, Doodlebug Design mini pearls,
Lettering: Prima Marketing, American Crafts
Other: stapler, thread

This is the mood board I used as inspiration. I used splashes of red, some yellow and the blues are mainly the background. I have a stash of old books and maps to tear pages from so that handy :)


3 comments:

  1. This is fab! I laughed at your comment over at mine...hope you can learn something...that would be good...now where's your followers button? You need to pop it up... I thought I'd never get any...but you'll be surprised. And it's easier to come by if I know when a new post goes up...so be brave...whack it up. Worst thing that can happen...you'll only have me following:):)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading the story behind your layout......Fabulous, great title too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Loving the maps and the travel vibe you have going on here - totally suiting your layout's theme! Great design too!! :D

    BTW - I'm your third follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete