Saturday, February 22, 2014

{Scrapbook Page} Life etc

I've tackled another challenge (well, when you're in the zone, I say go with it!). Scrap Friends have a gorgeous sketch at the moment and I'm really pleased with the result. I seem to have a thing for thread at the moment :)


And my interpretation...I used gesso mixed with black to create the stenciled grey arrows and then scraped leftover gesso on the top and bottom of the page.
The title is white on white with silver pen highlights - but it hasn't come across well in the photo. I promise it looks better in person :)


I was thinking about the dripping look of the sketch. I've only just recently created something that used that ink dripping technique and I didn't want to do it again so soon. So thread came out instead to create the look. I didn't have yellow thread so I sprayed white thread with Yellow Color Mist. Worked a treat.


I used:

Papers: vellum, Prima Marketing
Stickers, Tags and Die cuts: Simple Stories stickers
Embellies: sequins, Queen & Co. felt fusion hearts
Lettering: Studio Calico transfers
Other: silver pen, staples, stitching, thread, doily, Mr Huey's color mist, gesso mixed with black paint, Urban Artist stencil


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOOOVE the thread idea...pure genius...& *gigggle* ....3 followers already!!!! Now I get your posts...yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia. Thanks for being my follower. I LOVE this page! Those cotton 'drips' are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! Really love the thread idea behind your row of hearts. Thank you for joining us at ScrapFriends!

    ReplyDelete